Tuesday, November 4, 2008

OBAMA WINS!!!

I am ready to take this step. I am ready to declare Barack Obama the winner of the 2008 Presidential Election. I believe I have beat every network in my projection. Take that CNN. Eat my trash.

I want to update this post not only because I needed to change the picture but also because I had a great, nostalgic run this morning. I ran up Pontiac Trail and noticed the many Obama-Biden lawn signs and remembered how great I felt last night after the election was called for Obama- I should say after I called the election because I beat all the big networks.

But seriously, even greater than Barack Obama being president is the hope that I have felt in reference to politics and the political process. I have felt hope in my spiritual and interpersonal life but is has been a long time that I felt hope in reference to politics and direction that America is going. So whether Obama lives up to expectations or not-though I think he will- I am grateful to him for the very thing he campaigned, Hope and Change. 

8 comments:

Brady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirsten said...

Thanks Jessica. I hate to see that people have left comments that required they be remove. If you want to mean comments get your own blog and leave them there.

The race is over (thank goodness), a winner has been declared, now lets get together and make some good things happen.

Jess said...

The comments were not mean but I changed the picture so they didn't really related anymore.

mike and chenoa said...

Way to call it Jess!

Brady said...

I'll go ahead and repeat my congrats from the deleted comment. Way to call that way ahead of the networks, Jessica! You rock.

Elizabeth Downie said...

It is a very exciting time, and a very happy time. I hope he lives up to all he's said and promised. I really like him and feel optimistic about the future!

Kirsten said...

Thanks for the clarification. I thought for sure some angry Nadar supporter had gotten on and may a negative comment.