Friday, February 12, 2010

Not-so-Hotlanta


With no excuse not to blog today here are a few pictures of snow in Atlanta. I really can't complain when I consider that my DC friends have been snowed-in all week. A fact that has been reinforced over and over again on NPR. Thanks to All Things Considered, I now know what books to read when it's snowing, what foods to eat when it's snowing and what swear words to say when it's snowing; if I hear another NPR story about being snowed-in I may lose it. I was almost relieved when I heard a story about Bill Clinton being hospitalized.

Ironic that I am now the one snowed in, not because I can't handle snow but native Atlantans can't, and I don't want to be out on those roads.



4 comments:

Brian said...

Tell Atlanta to be hot over spring break or else!

Mike said...

So cold-and-drizzly Atlanta became cold-and-snowy Atlanta...yeah...not too impressed with Hotlanta.

Amy said...

This is not encouraging...

I mean, of course we're coming to Atlanta for you and not the weather. But with as much snow as we got the very night of our trip-planning party, a little non-snow in Atlanta would be really, really nice.

ego non said...

Wow, snow in Atlanta!

I will not make any comments about the snow here in DC. I do agree with you, though, about wanting to stay off the roads. Most people here definitely don't know how to drive in the snow. So many in their SUVs have a very false sense of security as they hurtle through narrow, icy neighborhood roads at 30+ miles an hour. If the metro isn't operating due to the snow, I stay home from work because the roads (and drivers) are treacherous.