Sunday, August 21, 2011

HFJ

I was watching Meet the Press this morning and got my first good look at Harold Ford Jr. (HFJ), former Democratic Congressman from Tennessee. Now, I know what I am about to say is going to make me seem like a 14 year old girl, especially considering my last post about an intellectual crush, but I find HFJ rather attractive. While scribbling down some notes and trying to understand why Peggy Noonan kept whisking back her hair like a 14-year-old girl or Ashley from the Bachelorette it hit me; I find him attractive because he is a hybrid of two individuals I love, President Obama and Rufus Sewell (please see equation below).
Despite the rough patches that President Obama's and my relationship have been through and the economy being in the crapper, I really like the guy; kind of want him as a neighbor. I'm what whispy-hair, talking-mouth Peggy Noonan calls the loyal 20%.

Rufus Sewell is an understated actor who I have loved since the first time I saw Cold Comfort Farm. His appearance in HBO's John Adams Series as the handsome economist and Founding Father, Alexander Hamilton only heightened my ardor. So HFJ, while you may not be making many inroads in the NY political scene you can sit and smolder on MTP anytime.

3 comments:

bh said...

for the record, i voted for him in the senatorial race in TN. and not just because he is hot.

Sara said...

Bahahaha! I like Rufus Sewell, too. Have you seen "The Very Thought of You?" You should watch it. It's sort of hard to get a hold of (a DVD), but I think you can watch it in parts on YouTube. :)

Kristen said...

If only he were a few years older... Then he'd be absolutely perfect for you Jess.