Sunday, September 2, 2007

A week in Ann Arbor

This last week was a crazy roller coaster of emotions. Before I even got to Ann Arbor I got stuck in a three hour traffic jam outside of Chicago due to flooding. It was then I really questioned my decision to go to school in Michigan. All of these thoughts of self-doubt came up as I also worried about asphyxiating in my car because of all the stagnant running vehicles around me. After three hours I got out of that and made it to Ann Arbor much later than expected.

I got into my apartment the next day, Saturday. My apartment is a little further from campus than I expected. I was a bit down about that for awhile, but my spirits were rallied when I saw all the games of bear pong I would miss out on.

After two days of orientation and a day of field experience I am excited to start classes on Tuesday. The one damper being that Michigan lost its opening game to some no-name team. Well I think a lot of people know Appalachian State University now that they thrashed Michigan. I wish I could muster more regret for my team but I am quite apathetic. At least the boys soccer team won, and that's what's important

3 comments:

analyn said...

Cool, Jes. I like. Good luck with school tomorrow. It'll be fun to read your blog, even if you are "Sierra's friend." I'm glad you did not asphyxiate for that would have been a sad tale indeed. Hey, have you seen "Shaolin Soccer?" We watched it on Saturday and laughed the whole time. Later.

Kirsten said...

Good to see your sport priorities are in order. There is too much clothing and padding in football to make it a truly interesting sport.

Unknown said...

Hey Jess! Im glad you're all settled in at school. Keep 'a bloggin so I've got something to read at work haha