Sunday, November 18, 2007

Last weekend was my week of culture. Friday I went to Caetano Veloso, a Brazilian signer likened unto the “Bob Dylan of Brazil” more for his fame than genre. Then Saturday I went to Jason Bergman’s graduate recital. He is a friend of my room mate and plays the trumpet. Finally my cultural experience was rounded off by Yo Yo Ma Saturday night. it was exceptional.

This weekend was characterized by a lot of studying with one break being the Jessica Allen Ping Pong Open. This is a most prestigious open that took place at the Ann Arbor Institute of Religion on Saturday night. Unfortunately, even though I coordinated it and am it's namesake I did not win the singles championship nor the mixed doubles. However I did have a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I have been waiting for a new post. Sorry to hear about the ping pong competition. You need to practice more with somebody who is better than you and can share their ping pong secrets. I wonder if those are kind of like the secrets of life?