Sunday, December 2, 2007

Snow Day

Today we had a snow day and church got canceled. I don't know that is was actually bad enough to cancel church but the forecast was more extreme than the actual storm. Instead of going to church I made prank phone calls and watched Home Alone. I guess I should have been more productive.

I am going to visit the Creche exhibit tonight. It is an amazing display of literally hundreds of nativity scenes from around the world. It has been going on for 25 years and this is the last year. I volunteered at it yesterday in the African room but didn't have time to see the whole display. I am glad that I will be able to see in its last year.
Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Ah yes, snow days! Never had them until I moved East. I guess we are much more prepared and used to the snow out west. I think the big problem out here is the ice that usually forms as a layer under the snow. We don't have that at home.
Glad to see you are a live, I thought about calling last night to make sure everything was all right, but sounds like it is, other than the prank phone calls and Home Alone watching. Really you couldn't find a better movie than that? Maybe some thing like Cipher in the Snow now there is a sad movie to replace canceled church.