Sunday, December 9, 2007

Awkward

While this word has many meanings, the meaning that best described how I felt today during church is this one:

awkward: Marked by or causing embarrassment or discomfort: an awkward remark; an awkward silence.

We had three speakers today. The first speaker I would characterize as semi-awkward. The second totally so. I usually color a little during church to help me focus. Today my coloring became a necessity, keeping me from reenacting the scene from the BYU Pride and Prejudice when she throws a book at the speaker. To demonstrate how awkward it was, the terms freakin and screwed were said from the pulpit. I colored many a picture that day trying to give an outlet to the stress I was feeling.

On a more positive, less awkward note, last night was our wards Christmas Dinner and Dance. It really is just an excuse for people to dress up fancy and relive high-school awkwardness. There it is again, that word. Anyway it was a lot of fun. I ate a lot and danced a ton, even though I don't really know how, and just had a good time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowzers! We's lookin' hot!

Kirsten said...

I often find myself actually doing homework during Sacrament meeting to help me get over the embarrassment I feel on behalf of the person speaking.

I particularly find I do this during testimony meetings. Testimonies have a way of turning uncomfortable pretty quickly for those listening.

Love the dress!