Sunday, February 17, 2008

Romantic Fire Encounter



In my room is a fireplace and ever since moving in I have wanted to have a romantic moment in front of it. Since my prospects of any true romantic encounter are remote, I solicited the help of two Valentine party attendees and one plastic hand. Brady and David happily obliged and I turned on the fireplace. The romance part was sufficed by us watching my favorite Valentine E-card together than we took this picture to document the event.

I did have a lovely Valentines. I tried to remember when I last enjoyed the holiday. Fifth grade was the what came to mind. So I went to K-mart bought Sponge-Bob Square Pants Valentines cards and spent a good part of my evening filling them out and sending e-cards. I decided I would celebrate my friends and family, those who I love and love me. It was great fun, much better than dwelling on singledom. Good times!

6 comments:

mike and chenoa said...

Where did you get the plastic hand? I don't think I could sleep with that in my house.

Thank you for your very thoughtful v-day e-cards. It brightened my day.

Brian said...

I was hoping I'd be there for the Romantic Fire Encounter :( Gimme a call for the Second Annual Romantic Fire Encounter (assuming you have a fireplace this time next year).

Kirsten said...

Jessica I have read this entry at least three times now and still have nothing to say. Sad, very sad, kind of like the plastic hand in the picture.

Elizabeth said...

You are so lucky Liz won't let me have a three-some.
Matt

Stephanie said...

I feel much better about your blog now that the severed hand has made it into a post. I'm taking it on tour with the Celtic Tenors so it can also make it's nation-wide debut. :)

Brady said...

What a great picture! It was so romantic there with the fire. ;)