Friday, February 1, 2008

Where the Streets Are Not Plowed

I thought of this entry as I drove to school today at 7:45 a.m. on unplowed roads. I found it interesting that the city of Ann Arbor had missed the weather report from the last week, that reported that we would have a winter storm watch starting at 12:00 a.m. and lasting until Friday evening. That is the only logical explanation to why the main thorough fares of the city had not been plowed and I had to fish tail it all the way to campus. This entry will be more enjoyable if you sing the tune of U2's song "Where the Streets Have No Name".

I am going to try by popular request, or at least at the request of three siblings, I will start to write more about my studies; social work, public health, social justice, poverty, health disparities and whatever else might crosses my mind. In the mean time this great pic from my 5th birthday will tide you over.

1 comment:

mike and chenoa said...

Isn't fishtailing a true winter sport? I was doing some the other day... Mike had some winter travel woes yesterday as well. The road to SV was closed so he couldn't get to SV and Jackson for some meetings.

I love the picture, it reminds me that we are going to your grandparents' tomorrow, which is of course the best day to go b/c you get that awesome slush in those fabulous red glasses.