Friday, March 14, 2008

Nature's Taunt


Today was a day that deserves to be immortalized by my blog. Today I took a walk, voluntarily. I walk a lot in Ann Arbor but it is usually in the bitter cold, and out of necessity to get from one class to another. Today that all changed. It was beautiful. I took a walk with two friends and a dog named Dark Wing Dog (Dark Wing's backside is pictured). Here is the big clincher of my walk. I didn't wear a coat. I have not gone outside without a coat for more than 5 months. Today I felt so liberated. It may be akin to what Nelson Mandela felt after being realized from prison. I fear this may be nature taunting me and in a week it will snow again. Regardless, I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.

3 comments:

mike and chenoa said...

Dark Wing is on my bad side. Be scared Dark Wing (or should I call you chicken wing?); be very scared.

-chester

Unknown said...

Dearest Chester,
Let's not have aggressions. I'm sure we can settle this in a gentlemanly manner. I propose a game of chess or perhaps fencing. What say you? If it would help things along I'd be happy to slap you in the face with a glove.

Best,
Darkwing Dog

mike and chenoa said...

I have the 7th most powerful jaw pound for pound in the dog world. There will be no fencing or chess or mercy. I will feast upon Darkwing Dogs flea-ridden flesh!

-chester