Wednesday, February 11, 2009

More on Opossums or is it possums?

Last Tuesday evening after a lovely ice cream trip for my friend Amy's birthday my posse and I were blessed to see this little guy. Before Monday night I would have readily agreed with anyone that opossums are ugly frightening little creatures, having only seen them dead or alive from my car, but after this personal experience I will defend opossums looks and character. This little guy was so cute and nice, especially considering how close he let me get without hissing. Enjoy.



3 comments:

ego non said...

Eeeek! What coveted (by me) footage! That's neat the lil' guy let you get so close. But still I do think they are creepy critters.

mike and chenoa said...

Jess, you're just like the great Crocodile Hunter. But watch out for stingrays!

Katherine said...

If you were a little kid, maybe you could have asked your parents if you could take him home and keep him! I don't know how your roommates would have felt about it, though. You could have named him Mr. Possy, or Lord Possington, or maybe Master Opossomly...just an idea.