Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Flee to the Cleve

Last weekend I went to taste of the gloriousness that is Cleveland. Friends, Stephanie and Kate were brave enough to accompany me. Saturday was filled with delicious food and amazing music. We started the day off at the Western Market where I ate the most amazing crepe ever and bought what I think will be the most amazing sausages ever. I can only guess since I haven't cooked them up yet. Then it was off to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We walked around the main exhibit for more then 3 hours before realizing we still had about 4 more stories to check out. I am afraid the exhibit for "The Boss" and Les Paul did not get due attention. We continued the rock and roll theme with a late lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe.
Sunday was church history day at Kirtland. It was a bit chilly but really beautiful. The pictures demonstrate better than my feeble words. I should confess we watched the 30 Rock Cleveland clip no fewer than 3 times while in Cleveland:)

Yummy crepe being made!

Sausage I can't wait to eat.


Enviro Art?


Rock and Roll Hall of Fame


Kirtland Ashery. I was amazed to learn that 65 sections of the Doctrine and Covenants were received in Kirtland


A great picture of Stephanie that she probably doesn't want posted:)

The three of us in the 'School of the Prophets'

Really cool books


4 comments:

Katherine said...

Just remember we're all models west of the Allegheny.

(I totally should have gone with you guys.)

Amy said...

I like the new look of your blog. Especially the Isle of Skye picture :).

Elizabeth said...

you travel more than any person I have ever known. What are you going to do when you have to work full time? :)

Steph said...

FYI. I made spaghetti with the roasted red pepper sausage today, and it was delicious!