Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tigers and Strawberries!

This weekend was full of things you do for pure nostalgic reasons. I went to a Detroit Tigers game and went strawberry picking. Before the game we went to Slow BBQ an awesome place and I ate this sandwich called the yardbird Yum! Some of you might recognize it from my facebook profile.
The Tigers game had all the elements to make it nostalgic: rain delay followed by wonderful weather; fight on the field that cleared the bull pen; home team win; and fireworks.
I actually took this picture above you can't even tell. I have mastered the self take.

Strawberry picking was probably more nostalgic for the families but my roommate, Amy, and I had fun. There were little kids running around with baskets and the sun was shining. We got all of the strawberries pictured below for less than $10.
The not so nostalgic part followed when I spent 8 hours working on a paper that is still not done. Argh!




3 comments:

Amy said...

That is true self-take mastery.

mike and chenoa said...

Hmmm. That sandwich and the strawberries look good. I love pro baseball games. Sorry about the paper though. That part sucks.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Looks like it was an awesome weekend. And I loved the self-take picture. I miss your "I´m trying to look normal and I´m not going to laugh" look. :)