Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ann Arbor Art Fair and Musicians

It is so hard being acquainted with so many famous musicians like Michael Franti and... um ok maybe just Michael Franti, up until last week. I went to the art fair to check out musician Chris Bathgate. He hails from Ann Arbor, is very talented and I have been wanting to see him live. So some very nice friends of mine (Thanks Amy, Brian and Jason) indulged my slight obsession and went to see him with me. It was at 3:00 pm in the middle of July, needless to say it was hot. Regardless we all sat and melted in our chairs while I soaked in the folky tunes of Chris Bathgate. I was sweating so bad it looked like I wet my pants so after the concert we hung out for a few minutes so I could dry off before I got the gumption to go and get the above picture. Those crooked glasses are none other than Chris'.

After that we walked around that fair looking at the gaudy or overpriced art. I did end up buying some knockoff sunglasses. I wish there was some cheap knockoff art then I might have bought some. Overall I am glad to have had another distinctly Ann Arbor experience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures. Those glasses are hot.

Anonymous said...

p.s. It's almost 1:30am, but I've been up for the last 40 minutes almost listening to Chris Bathgate. Love it! I could see this turning into a major addiction.

mike and chenoa said...

He's cute. It's a shame he thinks you're a dork b/c of those glasses... j/k Jess, You are the epitome of coolness.