Thursday, August 21, 2008

Idaho top 5

A few weeks ago I was in Eastern Idaho. An although not the setting of East of Eden or really any famous books that I can think of right now it is a peace a heaven to me. It has gained this status in my eyes for a number of reasons some I will not divulge on my blog but five such reason I feel comfortable sharing are below. Eastern Idaho is a piece of heaven to me because it is:

1-A land where babies and dogs can sleep in peace and harmony. It is also where G and G Campbell live, though perhaps not with as much peace and harmony as babies and dogs as they told each other that they dislike the other's haircut.

G and G Campbell

2-Within a stones throw of great hiking camping and eateries like Grumpy Goats hot dog. A hot dog place with real goats tromping around in the back yard and yes the people there really are grumpy.
My brother Matt in front of Grumpy goats.

3-A place where the highway might as well be a movie theater for the hours of entertainment and conversation it supplies. Although the new favorite topic of conversation is my brothers new house going up next door to G and G.

The fam scoping out newly poured concrete

4-It's beautiful! Not too many people can wake up and go jogging in a place like this.



5-The land of square ice cream cones. I didn't remember to take a pic of the actual ice cream cone but please notice the shirts we made seeking to recreate to older picture that debuted on an the Allen Christmas card of 1987.



3 comments:

Brady said...

Why would you want to go jogging in a river?

mike and chenoa said...

Now you have everyone speculating on the unspoken reasons you love E. Idaho... First kiss, first potato, both?

ego non said...

Grump goats?! Sign me up!