Thursday, April 9, 2009

Andrew Bird Day


Although it was not official, for me it was Andrew Bird Day. I went to Borders at 11:30 with my friends Lisa and Carissa so I could get a seat to see him play a little show. Then last night I went to his show at the Michigan Theater. It is no surprise to most who know me that I enjoy music, specifically of the Indie genre, but Andrew Bird is set apart by my infatuation with him and his abilities. He studied violin performance at Northwestern and plays his violin while singing at some point in about every song. As a 10th grade orchestra drop out I can appreciate his talents. It almost inspires to take up the bow and string again, almost. Here are some photos from the day. 

At Borders before the show. I had to put this one up because Carissa's eyes look wicked cool.
  
Andrew playing at Borders

Lisa and I out front of the Michigan Theater the day of the show

Anther great picture at the concert with Carissa looking eerily cool in the back 

Andrew at the Michigan Theater





A short video that by no means represents nor capture his talents but is short enough to post. 

3 comments:

Brian said...

Yesterday morning one of my voice students told me about the Borders concert and I thought should call you, but didn't have a break from teaching until 1:00. Glad you already knew about it.

Kirsten said...

If you are in UT in July he is having a concert on the 13th and pairing with Death Cab for Cutie.

And he is in Columbia, MD with the Decemberists on June 8th, you should be in DC by that time.

I can get behind any man that is comfortable in wellingtons.

Carissa said...

I appreciate you referring to my various looks as "cool" but I'm not sure that is the most appropriate word. :)