Friday, April 10, 2009

Life Decisions

You might think from the title of this blog it is going to be something very hefty and at first the subject might not seem like a big deal, but for me it is. I am going to cut my hair and when I say cut I mean chop, at least 10 inches has to come off so I can donate it.  I have had short hair before but last time I did that I cut off 10 inches and then moved to a foreign country for four months. This time I will not be leaving the country but instead move to Rockville Maryland for the summer. This is an opportunity to reinvent myself- at least my hair style. I have been rockin the psuedo-granola unkempt look for too long.

In Ann Arbor I am known for my zany attachment to my long luscious locks, cutting my hair will definitely dampen my breadth of conversation topics. Perhaps I can substitute my old hair talk with my hair cutting spiritual journey. How I found myself as I rid myself of attachment and was freed from the bad Karma stored up in my hair.

The primary point of this post though is to get feedback from all of you about how I should cut my hair? Please cast your vote using using the polling mechanism to the left of the screen. I did a little research on cuts that might work with my face and then just found some I like and these are the options I came up with: 
 

Hair Cut #1


Hair Cut #2- Do not let the fact that she has different colored eyes affect your choice.



Hair Cut #3 

6 comments:

mike and chenoa said...

I voted #1 (although I think it'd be a pain to style every morning). I think #2 and 3 are cute, but I think your hair is too thick for those styles. You'd have to have it thinned and then it would be a pain to grow out.

ego non said...

Well, they can thin down your hair a bit if it's a longer style. I vote #2. Especially because then you can still put it in a pony tail when it's hot and humid. And you're coming to Rockville for the summer?! Sweet, because I'll be still living in DC. And speaking of hair, I totally need to take you to a museum where you can find a giant hair ball in the shape of a stomach, ingested by and surgically removed from, a girl with a psychiatric disorder which caused her to eat her hair. Awesome. Also, bottled feti and the bullet that killed Abraham Lincoln. Aren't you so pumped you're coming to the DC area for the summer?

Anonymous said...

I like #1. You can totally rock the messy funky short choppy look. Yes, that is the WHOLE title of the look :)

Aimee said...

I like #1 and #3. I agree with Chenoa though that your hair might be a tad too thick for #3.

Katherine said...

Okay, here I am delurking because it's hardly fair that I can stalk everyone else's blog and keep mine a secret. (Not that I've posted anything interesting in months, but you know.)

Elizabeth said...

I didnt get an oppertunity to vote - but my thought is #2 - because if you dont like it you can always go to #1 or #3...once you do #1 or #3...there is no going back!