Sunday, December 5, 2010

O Tannenbaum


I bought my very own Christmas Tree this year. I have been fortunate to enjoy various Christmas Trees throughout the years since leaving home, a few of these include: many elaborately decorated twigs, a real tree when I lived with my brother and sister-in-law in Cheyenne, and a fake, but elegantly decorated tree compliments of my roommates in Michigan. I have in no way been lacking in trees over the years, but I never had one of my own.

I contemplated a real tree but had too many personal and practical objections and went instead with a fake tree that I could live with. I found my pre-lit tree-mate at Target. It is a four foot spruce look alike and is perfectly framed by the front window. On it's stand the tree and I are about the same height, thus no Elf-like scenes necessary to put decoration on the upper branches. I really like the lighter color it takes on when it is lit up, it has a slightly flocked look. A special thanks to Warren for helping me pick out the color scheme.

3 comments:

mike and chenoa said...

It looks beautiful. We are putting up our tree today. We had to resort to store bought since we don't want to get stuck again cutting down our own. Next year... Still waiting for pics of your pup....

Jake said...

nice pictures! looks even better in person.
Your dog will love your tree :)

ego non said...

cozy.