Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowed In: Day 2

For those who do not watch the news or follow weather, Atlanta had a snow storm Sunday night followed by a lovely frosting of rain. While this combination made for fun tromping noises as I emerged from my cozy house on Day 2 of no work, it also resulted in dire driving conditions. A word to the wise, if you need a pick-me -up do not tune into local Atlanta News after a storm, or any event really, as they have a knack for turning inconvenient occurrences into apocalyptic events.

Today I made the 1/2 mile trek to the main road to see if it had been cleared. Unfortunately, it had not but was in better condition than my road which ends in a culdesac. The only non-TV, non-Netflix entertainment we've had in the last two days is observing the ingenuity of our neighbors to either deal with or enjoy the snow. My neighbors are using a big plank board to shovel their driveway; I'm pretty sure the kids next door were sledding on cookie sheets; and I passed a boy sledding on what I think was a garbage can lid.

Snow days can be fun for a day but I am ready for my routine to start again. I can only watch so many episodes of Psych and answer work emails before I start to feel really lazy and a little guilty. Sadly I just heard school is closed again tomorrow and perhaps the rest of the week. Help!



3 comments:

Amy said...

When I lived in Virginia, we had the biggest snowstorm on record in a hundred years. Church was canceled on Sunday and my roommates and I had a fun snowed-in day. Then school was canceled for an entire week, and by Tuesday or Wednesday it wasn't quite as fun anymore. The next week we were back in school, but then two days later there was another snowstorm. That gave us three more snow days.

So you should feel lucky for just two or three. My cabin fever was so bad that I picked up my roommate's GRE study guide and started studying since I had absolutely nothing better to do. I had no intention of taking the GRE - but within two weeks I was applying for grad school because, you know, once you've studied for the GRE you might as well. I guess I can blame the weather for the last seven years...

Jake said...

I love Psych!
And I hope the snow doesn't cramp your style for too much longer.

ego non said...

Crazytown! And, ahem, you may read my blog to quell some of the boredom ;)