Monday, May 5, 2008

Wedding Quandary


I hope Mike and Chenoa will forgive me for using this picture but it fits so well with my post and you all know i do not have any of my own to post. Today I started classes again and as such my posts will probably not be a frequent unless I find my material from my studies compelling enough to share.

My social change class is promising on this front. My teacher likes to ask lots of questions with no answers. Here's one that I remember and would like to know anyone's thoughts on. Why do Girls traditionally buy or make a very expensive dress that they will only wear once, whereas men rent a tux that they may be able to wear multiple times?

There's my question and I welcome anyone's ideas. There really is no right answer I just want to know what you all think.

3 comments:

mike and chenoa said...

A: vanity. We dream of that special day for so long and everyone tells us we must have a beautiful dress to celebrate it with. For the record though, I have no regrets. Men are a lot less attached to "the dream" I think. Of course, Mike just bought a nice suit which he does use for other occasions. And I used my wedding dress for Rowan's blessing dress. I've heard of other women making quilts out of their dresses.

Kirsten said...

I will have to think of a very sarcastic response to this question, it is just not coming right now. stay tuned.

Elizabeth said...

well the whole point of the wedding is to look really hot and then invite all of your x-boyfriends to come and realize that they totally missed out. Dudes invite all of their x-girlfriends so that they see how hot their wife is. No one looks at the dude - it is all about the bride.