Monday, January 26, 2009

CCYS

My cousin posted this video on his blog http://greg.org/and I thought that it was just too good to ignore. My slogginess does not keep me ripping other people's creativity (technically I borrowed from Amy for the slog post). The video features surviving members of the New York Dolls covering the popular LDS hymn "Come, Come Ye Saints". My cousin informs on his blog that this tune was originally from an English drinking song. Either way it is a groovy cover.

I should add that they recorded this while the documentary "New York Doll" was being filmed about Arthur "Killer" Kane, rockstar turned Mormon. Apparently, there are a few other hymns that Greg Whiteley, the director got them to cover, another being "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" that plays during the end credits. 

3 comments:

Mike said...

I don't know what's more impressive, your creative stealing...I mean slogging...or the fact that you've done two posts in two days. Back to back blogging days...that is impressive, I think it wins. Though your slogging (stealing) skills are good too.

Brian said...

Did you not see the documentary "New York Doll?" This is from the ending credits. If you haven't seen it, you should borrow it from me. It's très good.

Jess said...

I did see NYD Brian, I should have included that info, so now I have. I will borrow that movie though.