Friday, June 26, 2009

Another post dedicated to HP

So I know that everyone is talking about Michael Jackson-may he rest in peace. I am cursing myself that I never bought one of his CDs I could make bank on it- but this post is about Harry Potter. I decided that I need to read the 6th book again before the movie comes out July 15, but I have had some trouble finding a copy. Instead I ended up reading the 5th book again. I really enjoyed it as it was the British edition and there are some things in there that made no sense to me and some words you would never put in a children/adolescent book in the U.S. I won't write the words but if you must know what it is email me and I will tell you. 

After finishing that book for the second time I must say that I am very disappointed in the Movie Industry. I totally understand that movies can't be 5 hours long- although A&E's Pride and Prejudice was- but can't they try a little bit harder to catch the essence of the book. The Order of the Phoenix movie cut out a lot of the book, some of it that is very crucial to understanding what is going on. I am hoping, hoping, hoping that this next movie will more closely represent the book. Now if I could just find a copy of that darn 6th book....
Wow! I can't believe I just wrote that post... it's sad. Oh Well!

1 comment:

Mike said...

I see you're dealing with some pretty weighty issues out there in DC. Hopefully when July 15th rolls around, you won't find your hopes and dreams crushed...could be the best, or worst, day of your life it sounds like.