Sunday, June 28, 2009

Farmer's market

Yesterday I went to the Rockville Farmer's market. I went partly because I have been meaning to and partly because I watched Food Inc. last weekened and while I have been making some changes about what and how I eat I think the movie finally inspired an epiphany (MI classmates will understand that word means on multiple levels).  While I hope changes I am making are sustainable, only time will tell. Here is a picture f what I bought. I paid $6.50 for it all. You farmers market buffs let me know whether I paid too much. It was my first time and I think I was a little nervous and didn't take enough time to look around.  Next time I might have to find a farmer's market buddy so I don't get too nervous with all those Farmer's-Market Expert people tap their foot while I stand contemplating indecisively whether to buy the green or the purple pepper. 



2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Looks like it was a good deal. You should test your bargaining skills the next time you go, see if you can get a better deal. That is one thing I miss about Mada, you could bargain with anybody over anything.

Elizabeth said...

WOW! I never shopped farmer market - but I it seems expensive. Then again - I dont really know since you brother wont eat most vegetables it is hard to buy them :)