Monday, March 9, 2009

Banjo Birthdays

I am almost embarrassed to post this but at heart I'm a narcissistic and I think the exposure could really help my career. My rendering of a Happy Birthday songs via banjo started last fall when I made up my own Birthday song for my friend Jonathan. This time I was feeling much less creative and just borrowed a Beatles tune, and Maggie and I co-wrote the lyrics. I am grateful to Amy and Kara who were such good sports to go along with my crazy musician wannabe notions. 

Seeing and hearing myself play I realize how out of tune I sound and that I have very mechanical strumming patterns, something my banjo teacher was always trying to correct. Anywho, enjoy this attempt to make a Beatles classic into a birthday sensation. For all my faithful followers I hope to be releasing a single some time this year:) 
Special Thanks to Elizabeth Downie for her camera work. 


4 comments:

Mike said...

I'm just glad I got to experience that live...because of the high level of skill of banjo/harmonica/tambourine playing of course...In fact, I was at the other birthday you played at too. When are you going to start selling T-shirts and such at your concerts?

mike and chenoa said...

Rowan loved getting jiggy to it.

Elizabeth said...

I am proud of how well you play the banjo, and the fact that you take out in public with all that graffiti Adam tainted it with.
Matt

Kirsten said...

Watch out Paul McCartney.