Sunday, March 1, 2009

Neighborhood #1 (Graffiti and Animals)

I am still in a bit of a slog so I am posting some pictures that I took around my house. I thought this was suiting since many of my friends and family have never seen where I live. 

That is my apartment, it is actually a split-condo sort of thing with my abode being the one nearest the road. 

Some graffiti on the wall of the power plant down the road from my house. If anyone knows what that says let me know.

The Huron River is about a block away. I like to jog along the path that follows it. 

Ducks. 

A bad picture of swans, but I do love silhouette of the trees against the sky. 

A furry woodland creature. I guess I am like Cinderella in the sense that these little creatures love me. I can tell by the way they look at my head like it is a huge nut. 

7 comments:

Egowin said...

Hi, i really dont know what say that graffiti, I from Venezuela n i like your Blog.
I feel fascination for the snow, i never touch it, but someday i will experience a Winter.

Solomon and Lyndsie said...

Thanks for sharing Jess. It is good to see some of the places you live in and maybe someday we will go out there to see you(if you are still there).

Brian said...

Is the title an Arcade Fire reference?

Jess said...

Exactamundo Brian

analyn said...

Oh Jess, how I love the last picture of the furry woodland creature--actually, I think it was your caption that started me laughing. You're not a nut-head at all.

I'll be sure to employ the use of "whilst" more often, but please do inform me if I start to overuse it. It's such a lovely word and I wouldn't want to cause it any harm.

analyn said...

ps: I'm feeling much better after loading up on weekend sleep. Thanks for your kindness.

mike and chenoa said...

Looks like a nice place to run. Your caption about the FWCs (furry woodland creatures) had me picturing all kinds of vermin trailing you as you journey through the streets of Ann Arbor. At least they're not ROUCs.